Sunday, October 13, 2013

Moved

It seems I always have to begin these posts with an excuse for not posting often.  My bad.
Chris and I have moved to St. George, Utah to take advantage of the warmer weather and the lower elevation which apparently is supposed to be better for my lung.  Feels good to me so far.  We have been here about 3 weeks and things are getting better every day. We've moved into the Sun River community which has a clubhouse, pool, golf course,  and activities which I can't keep up with.  I also am grateful I won't have to tolerate another temperature inversion this winter.

We have gone from over 3000 square feet to 1400 square feet in living space, and so far, I haven't missed the extra space.  It's actually easier to deal with and comfortable enough for our needs now.
Just a few years ago, all my children lived in Draper. Now Carter and Amy live in Phoenix, Bryan and Janalyn moved back to Draper.  Jani and Brock are in St. George in their new home so that's been nice.  Now I'm equal distance from my boys.

Just went to my 50th high Olympus/Skyline High School reunion.  What a fun experience to see so many good friends again.  They all looked great and the memories came flooding back. The class of  63 was a very good year.  (sounds like a good wine). I am so fortunate to be able to attend and still be around.

My overall health is good and getting stronger.  I am now a massive 135lbs surpassing my junior high school weight.  What is strange is I've gotten shorter by almost an inch!  What's that all about?  My mental age still remains at junior high school level as always, so I have that going for me.

My cell phone is still the same at 801-541-1673, (no home phone anymore), so if you're  in the Area, please give Chris and I a call. We would enjoy visiting with you.

Dwight

No comments:

Post a Comment