Thursday, December 3, 2015

Decenber 2015 update


Isn't it interesting that, when things seem to be stable and smooth, you don't feel the need to post things as much.  I guess it is human nature.  Someone mentioned the other day, why I hadn't given anything new on this blog and I had no answer.  I'm not even certain anyone reads it anymore but if so, just a quick update.
I am feeling pretty darn good and this lung I received has been fantastic; we get along just fine.  I have just returned from the University of Utah Hospital a few weeks ago and past the tests in good shape. Even increasing my lung capacity by 5% from a year ago. May not seem like much but the trend is what's important. My weight is up to 145lbs. My life before the Fibrosis was 155lbs so I feel much stronger now than last year.  The average life span for post lung transplants is about 5 years and I am now, this Christmas, finishing my 4th year.  At the "U" there is a transplant patient who is in his 11th year post transplant so, there's my goal,... and beyond!  I will take and enjoy whatever I am given though.
Families all good.  Chris is doing much better and pretty much recovered from her aneurysm. She is one strong person. My oldest son (Bryan and Janalyn) moved the family back to Draper and my youngest son (Carter and Amy) moved from Phoenix back to SLC (Daybreak Community).  Fortunately I still have Jani and Brock here in St. George.
Mom is 96 years old and up to just recently was defying age but then time began to catch up and she was diagnosed with cancer.  She now is in hospice care in her home and as such, we are all spending as much time as possible with her in South Jordan. I'm having a difficult time realizing this was the last Thanksgiving with her and will be fortunate to experience Christmas together.  Her attitude is amazing and upbeat and anxious to move on and reunite with loved ones on the other side.
I am so thankful to have family and friends, like you, who make everything so meaningful and complete.

Dwight

No comments:

Post a Comment